Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The World Series


Game 1 of the World Series starts tonight. It brings back bittersweet memories from last season, because that's where I was at this time.

Magi and I had been to all the Tigers' home playoff games to that point thanks to my friend Ann, who got tickets for us. I had been able to acquire tickets to Game 6 in Detroit myself. They were standing room only, but they would have done just fine...had the Tigers not lost the Series in Game 5 in St. Louis. Despite the loss, I still got to see my team play in the World Series, thanks to my buddy Doug. He works for a local store chain and got us tickets as the guests of a large soft drink company. We drove to Detroit that day, and drove home again that night. The Tigers lost the game, but the atmosphere was electric. We were given several promotional items, including XM radios, rally towels, commemorative pins, the works! I bought pennants and programs and we just plain had fun. It was a night to remember!

I don't much care who wins this World Series, but I do hope it's well-played and exciting. I love this game!

Play ball!

No comments: