Saturday, October 13, 2007

E.R.

Well, last night was our first trip to the Emergency Room with Sera. After a temperature of 104 and her inability to go to sleep, we called Sera's family doctor's office and they suggested that taking her to the ER was the way to go. So, we headed out. Sure enough, an ear infection was causing the problem. A prescription and some Tylenol later, and we were on our way back home for a little sleep. I do mean a little sleep. The poor girl was miserable the whole night. The best hour of sleep that she got was from 1:30 to 2:30 this afternoon. The good news is, the anitbiotic that the doctor prescribed has done the trick and she is happy and playful again.

I guess we've been really lucky, because I can't stand watching her suffer like that and I hope I never have to again. I know that it will happen, but I can still hope.

1 comment:

Martin Maenza said...

Jim, all goes with the grounds of parenting. It is scary but you'll put that behind you all soon enough.