Saturday, October 20, 2007

Almost Forgot!

I've blogged every day for 36 consecutive days now. My buddy Martin challenged me to do it when I teased him about slacking off for a weekend, and I have risen to the challenge!

Today was a Daddy Day. From the moment Sera woke up this morning until she went to sleep at 7:30 tonight, it was all Daddy, all the time. Magi is feeling under the weather this weekend, so this was perfect timing on Sera's part. I made her all three meals today, ranging from pancakes this morning to grilled cheese and peaches at lunch to beans and peas for dinner (she rejected the egg roll I warmed up) and played for countless hours with her. She won't accept me being on a chair or sofa so long as I am in the living room, either. I have to be down on the floor with her. I chased her, tickled her, took her outside, played with her baby, played with blocks, colored on the floor, read her a book, drew with her at my drawing board, "flew" her around the house, put her down for two naps (one almost non-existent) and put her to bed. During her sleeping times, I've been working on making a new version of an old character for the Mutants and Masterminds game I wrote about here, so I almost forgot to post. We watched The Phantom together today, too, and I'll write about that later in the week.

This is the best thing I have ever done, bar none. I love being a father.

1 comment:

Martin Maenza said...

Jim, congrats on your streak. I'm proud of you.