Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there.

I have found that being a father is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I'll give you an example: Last night, we went to the drive-in to see "The Incredible Hulk" and "Iron Man," and Sera was awakened at 2 AM from all the cars leaving and didn't go back to sleep for the whole ride home. She struggled to sleep even after we put her in her crib last night. Finally, at 4 AM, I went to get her out because she was crying. As she lay in the bed, she jumped around and punched me in the eye! But one thing made the entire sleepless night worthwhile was when she kissed me on the cheek. Magi and I often pretend to be asleep and the one of us that remains awake tells her that the way to wake the sleeping parent is to kiss them on the cheek. So, when she kissed me on the cheek, I actually did wake up and gave her a hug and she told me, "I love you."


There is nothing better than this.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Father's Day bro. Have a good one.

KC Ryan said...

Hppy Father's Day. You deserve it!

Martin Maenza said...

Jim, you are right - there is nothing better than that. My Father's Day gift this year was Lego Indiana Jones for the Nintendo DS - just what I mentioned to my son I wanted to get some time.