Monday, March 30, 2009

The Aegis Tapes

I was starting to clean the basement this weekend and I knocked over a box. Out came old VHS videotapes, and...the Aegis Tapes.

On January 1, 1988, I audio recorded one of our Champions sessions. Our superhero group, Aegis, was making a transition from its second generation of characters to its third. I had just joined the group four months previously, and I suddenly found my character the most senior of the team. This game had been weeks in the making, with overlapping subplots coming to a head with an all-out assault on the headquarters of the nefarious Dr. Dread. It was one of the most fun and exciting times I ever spent at the gaming table. I will have to find a time to listen to these great tapes again, if I can block off six uninterrupted hours. We played this one all day!

3 comments:

Lowell Francis said...

I wonder how hard it would be to convert something like that to an mp3. I know some gaming groups actually mike and podcast their sessions. That seems like an interesting idea-- if a little indulgent.

Michael O'Connell said...

IF the tapes haven't turned completely to dust since 1982, somewhere in storage I have several hours of a few of us playing Gamma World - between 8th and 9th grade, summertime. A certain guy who was there (coughcoughTIMcoughcough) would kill me dead if I ever tracked them down. And I'm not sure if I want to discover what an omega-level nerd I was around junior high. Oh, who am I kidding? Of COURSE I do! I'll have to start looking for those...oh, guess I'd also better start looking for a cassette player, as I haven't owned one in years...

KC Ryan said...

Dr. Dread? Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while....

Nice to see you guys still kept going with some of the stuff I created...