Friday, January 02, 2009

Sesame Street Live!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the Morris...

Today we went to see Sesame Street Live at the Morris Civic Auditorium in South Bend. Magi got free tickets from one of her "Mom's Night Out" friends who was out of town for the weekend, so off we went! Sera excitedly talked about seeing Elmo most of the way there. Once inside, we found an overpriced souvenir kiosk set up, selling Sesame Street merchandise for at least 50% more than we would pay at a local store. I did end up buying Sera her own set of binoculars, though. I figured they would be useful not only watching the show, but when we are on trips. The binocs were a big hit. She used them throughout the show, which she LOVED!

I almost fell asleep at one point, despite the music that was far too loud. I know what they say...if the music's too loud, you're too old, and I will gladly admit that today. I was too old for Sesame Street Live, but then again I was not the target audience. And let me tell you, the target audience in our family loved every minute.

No comments: