Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Spectacular Sean Galloway

My friend Eric is a big Hellboy fan. I was never into Hellboy all that much, but I enjoyed Mike Mignola’s artwork. When I heard that Hellboy was getting his own animated movies, I knew that Eric would want to know, so I started looking into the project, especially when they said they weren’t going with Mignola’s designs. Mignola’s design sense is apparently famous in the animation industry, as his designs were used for the Disney film “Atlantis.” Even the characters he didn’t design were made with his influence and inspiration. So when the producers, including Mignola himself, decided to go with someone else, I had to know why.

Enter: Sean “Cheeks” Galloway. I’ve read that they discovered him on the internet, with a gallery of art on http://www.deviantart.com/ like so many amateurs have. Well, as far as I’m concerned, he has the goods. In fact, after he was done with designs on the Hellboy movies, he got the job doing designs on the new Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. I love this guy’s art!



No comments: