Saturday, September 22, 2007

102.1

No, it's not my favorite radio station. It was my temperature when I woke up this morning. I was a little stiff when I got up from dinner last night but didn't think too much about it. That's what 42-year old former athlete's knees feel like at times. No, it was when I got up to let the dog out before bed that every joint ached and I got the chills despite the low-70s temperatures outside. I knew then it was a bad sign.

As usual when I have a fever, I had delirious dreams all night. Sometimes it's being wrapped in ropes with knots I can't untie, and sometimes I'm covered in chains that I can't untangle. The fun times are when I'm solving a complicated mystery. I actually enjoy those. But last night I was plotting out spacing in a word document using one of the fonts I wrote about yesterday, And to make matters worse, there was a New York Yankees logo involved. Talk about a nightmare!

This morning, I slept off and on until 11:00 because I wanted to watch the season premieres of Legion of Super-Heroes and the Batman. My fever broke right about then, because I woke up in a pool of sweat. I was watching Superman's first appearance on the Batman, and the Man of Steel faced Metallo, the man with the Kryptonite heart. Once Batman got the Kryptonite away and Metallo was subdued, Superman asked for it back. After Batman dug out Superman's secret identity, he delivered that piece of Kryptonite in a lead container. And guess what Superman did? That's right, he threw it into the sun! How ironic. I had a good laugh over that.

I'll be back tomorrow with another tale from twenty years ago...if I feel better!

1 comment:

Martin Maenza said...

Jim, sorry to hear about your fever. Tuesday this week I was feeling a bit blah - we had a temperature shift to the cooler sides and my allergies went into overdrive. I slept most of the day and that seemed to help a lot.