Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lunker's

There's a place that we've driven by dozens of times in Edwardsburg, Michigan called Lunker's. It's a sprawling building with a revolving fish sign. I'd heard that it was a fisherman's shop, but today we stopped there for the first time. Oh, my.

To say that it was a fisherman's shop would be an understatement of colossal proportions. It was the largest outdoorsman's store I've seen outside of Cabela's, and that's saying something. Not only did they have fishing gear, but the largest selection of camping gear within 100 miles. They have hunting equipment as well, including guns. They have canoes, kayaks, tents, and every conceivable piece of equipment you would need for the outdoors. And the kicker is, the place is only about ten miles from my house.

My buddy Eric and I went there for dinner tonight, too, as they have a restaurant called the Angler's Inn. I had the seafood platter, with scrod, Mahi, clams, crab claws, and shrimp. The Mahi was bar none, by far the best fish I have ever tasted. It was grilled over wood chips, because the smokey flavor that it held was just to die for. Eric had a one-pound hamburger that was as big as his head. I tried a bite, and it was sensational too. He had to quarter it to even be able to pick it up. Sorry for the blurry images. I took them with my cell phone.




I brought home a Mahi dinner for Magi and she loved it too. She also got a bonus of Mackinac Island Fudge cheesecake. I think we may have a new favorite restaurant. If you live near us, check it out!

No comments: