Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How do you Spell Relief?

I spell it b-a-s-e-b-a-l-l. I've been having a down couple of days where I snap at stuff that shouldn't even bother me. Maybe you've seen it in my writing here. When I just don't feel it, I can't fake it. But just when I thought I was going to have another cranky bad day, the Detroit Tigers played and won their first spring training game and brought me right out of it. Ordinarily by this time of year, I'm seriously jonesing (and I don't mean Todd) for some baseball. I usually shave my beard off when spring training starts. For some reason I just wasn't feeling it this year. I don't know why, but I just wasn't looking forward to the season as I have in years past. Pitchers and catchers reported, and it just didn't click. I used to be a big contributor on the Detroit Tigers message board with almost 2,000 posts, but didn't even visit after the season ended.

All that changed today when I saw that the Tigers had their first spring training game and that it was going to be on XM satellite radio. I tuned in to channel 184 at 1:05 and felt happiness flood right back into my life! Even while at work I will keep my radio on, turned down low enough that the kids can't hear it and watch the display, which keeps track of the score, inning, and the number of outs. To hear the voices of Dan Dickerson and Jim Price brought me out of my funk faster than you can say Magglio Ordonez. I think it's definitely time for a roadtrip to get Sera her new Tigers outfit for this year!

No comments: