Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Badger

Today I picked up The Complete Badger Volume 1. I don't even need to open the front cover to know I am in for a good time. I loved this book from the first time I was given a copy as a promo at a convention. The Badger is a martial artist based in Madison, Wisconsin. A victim of multiple personality disorder due to abuse from his stepfather, Vietnam veteran Norbert Sykes exhibits several interesting personalities, not the least of which is The Badger. Fighting crime on the streets, drinking beer, and training his animals, the Badger confronts whomever offends his sensibilities and gets his butt handed to him as often as not, but he takes it all in stride. Sometimes he is mass murderer Pierre, sometimes a little girl. But one thing the Badger never is, is boring!

No comments: