Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Birthday, Magi!

Today is my wife's birthday.

Ordinarily I would buy her roses, one for every year, but last year she made me stop. This year, she didn't want me to spend any money on her birthday at all because she says that she has everything she could want. I didn't obey, of course, and I bought her a few things that I knew she would want, like a large bottle of the perfume that she used to wear all the time, but has been wearing more sporadically since she has been running low. With the adoption, money has been tight and she has gone without far too often.

I didn't spend as much as she deserves, because not even Bill Gates has that much money. Magi has given me everything anyone could ever ask for. She has changed my life for the better in uncountable loving ways. She has given me the one thing that had eluded me my whole life: Happiness. Sweetie, happy birthday. I love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That happiness is contagious. I love you, too!