Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fireworks

At the risk of sounding curmudgeonly, I hate fireworks.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good fireworks display put on by professionals over a lake or a ballpark, but here in Indiana fireworks are readily available and I think every darn neighbor in our subdivision is setting them off. They don't just shoot them off on Independence Day; they shoot them off the entire week before and after. They shoot them off from before dark until midnight, keeping me awake and scaring my dog. He's curled up under my desk right now. I don't know what these people do for a living, but I bet they're not teachers who have to get up at 5:30 AM. Thank goodness I'm on vacation this week and I don't have to get up that early, but Sera will be up at 7 AM and I will be up with her.

No comments: