Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Dark Knight--More than Meets the Eye

While I'm in a ranting mood, let's take a look at the new Batman suit from the upcoming motion picture, "The Dark Knight."

What does he transform into? The Batmobile?

Every live-action Batman suit since 1989 has looked like a life-sized action figure and has just about as much flexibility. This suit is reportedly made of 200 molded pieces.

Why?

Is it that hard to cover a muscle suit up with fabric and imagine that it's bullet-resistant? I mean, if you can suspend your disbelief enough to buy that a guy goes around town dressed as a quasi-batlike Transformer, surely it's not that much farther to go to make that leap. I'm not even going to get into the Heath Ledger picture as the Joker. It may be an early version of the character, and I will give it a chance. But I don't care what the reason is for wearing this new armored suit. It's not my Batman.

No comments: