Sunday, January 27, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Well, I've been a father by day, a computer software reinstaller by night.

Sera continues to amaze us each day. Her language skills are growing exponentially. She's forming sentences now, like "Shadow outside snow" and "Shadow outside potty." Shadow's our dog, and one of the most focal points of her attention each day.

She was into "Tee Tie" last week and the character Cyborg. This week, she wants to watch Teen Titans back to back to back. Yesterday we must have watched nine episodes, and whenever Cyborg came on the screen, she ran up to the TV, pointing at him, shouting, "Beeyah!" and laughing maniacally. She's calling Beast Boy "B.B." now, too, as the Titans sometimes do.

At night, I've been frantically digging through my software disks, trying to find the driver for my video card, because City of Heroes, the only game I play, doesn't look right with the newest driver that I downloaded from Nvidia. I did a little googling, and found that I was not the only one having this problem. Once I finally found the disk, I tried to uninstall the newest driver to put my original one back on, which was the solution put forth by the other people having the problem. Yeah, as it turned out, that wasn't the driver disk, just a utility disk, and when I rebooted, Windows wouldn't even start back up because it was missing a critical file. My buddy Rob went totally the extra mile to help me work it out but nothing worked. So, I took the whole computer back in today, where within an hour they had me up and running with the correct driver, and now everything is A-okay. Thanks, Nvidia, for providing a driver that doesn't do what it's supposed to do! You owe me $45 for labor!

I will get back to the business of posting tomorrow. I have a couple of game updates from our Mutants and Masterminds campaign to post!

No comments: