Thursday, May 10, 2007

She Called Me "Dada!"

The most touching moment for a new father has to be when his daughter calls him by name for the very first time. Yesterday after I got home from work I picked up Sera, who had been sleeping, and sat in the recliner in the living room. As the grogginess slowly left her she started to come out of her post-nap trance. She finally realized who was holding her and she yelled, "Dada!" and then head-butted me in the lower lip. I didn't even feel the head-butt; I was in shock. I asked Magi if she had heard it too, and she had. My daughter had addressed me by name! As if she could understand my uncertainty, she said it again and tapped my chest, just like we have been teaching her. How can this be possible? Each day with her is better than the last and each day is just about the happiest day of my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The way her entire face lights up when dada comes home from work lets you know how much she adores her daddy.

mrsmuck said...

Just like Christmas every single day isn't it!? Go Dada! Awesome!

Jim McClain said...

Between this and the Tigers being in first place, I can't get much happier!